Dolfor Riding Club was formed back in 1981 by the Maureen Coyne and Adrienne Brooke at Camlad in Dolfor; hence the name! Some more names of early members include Tom Brooke, Sue Biltcliffe, Gail Andrews, Claire Davis and Sue Jones. Sue is still a member to this day! Jane Tanner was hot on their heels and Kay Jones not far behind. From very small origins it has grown over the years but still holds the very essence of its origins at its heart.
Dolfor RC prides itself on supporting grassroot riders from the earliest days of their equine experiences right through to competing at Area competitions and National Championships. We have riders who are learning the very basics right through to those who compete at a professional level. Our aim is also to provide enough variety in our programme to have something that appeals to everyone. The 3 main disciplines remain predominant (dressage, show jumping and cross country) but we also incorporate Trec, polo, hacks, specialist clinics, social events and visits. We are always open to suggestions and welcome ideas from our members.
Finally, our greatest pride is that we are a welcoming club. We support all members to enjoy friendship and support among like minded people. Anyone who joins Dolfor can be assured of being included and finding plenty to do.
- Dressage (Prelim to Medium depending on demand) and show jumping competitions are held regularly with placing points accumulating towards Club trophies
- Cross country and horse trials training may be arranged as required
- Specialist trainers visit on request to run clinics, especially dressage, when a particular style or method of horsemanship is used
- Social evenings, visits to displays, competitions and other events
- Contacts for fun rides and information on bridleways and rights of way across the area.